First I would ensure that they are "PURGING" their e-mail on at the least a
weekly basis.  If they are using outlook or outlook express they need to
purge their e-mail to "REALLY DELETE" files.  In IMAP if you delete the file
it's not really gone until you tell the system to "PURGE DELETED ITEMS".

You can have the customer find this :

EDIT > PURGE DELETED ITEMS

That would be a good start there !!!   I have had customers have this issue
with my unix server, and low and behold it ended up being a problem with too
much mail in the server, and never expunging it.

Regards,

Rob

Rob Szkutak

Sr. Network Engineer