On Thursday, February 3, 2005 at 1:23:42 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:

> Anyone that runs an ISP will attest to that. Our support desk will get at
> least twice as
> many phone calls for an email outage as a physical outage.

  Yes. Absolutely. Alot of our customers think their e-mail experiance IS their
Internet. We've
  had customers leave service because of ALL aspects of e-mail service. NOT
their dialup
  connection. That could be working perfectly fine and they are able to, with
out issues, browse
  the web. The first thing they usually state is "my internet isn't working" or
"I can't
  connect" or the classic is when they send you an e-mail from work telling you
their internet
  isn't working and they don't even hit at who they are.

-----

Duane Hill
Sr E-Mail Administrator
http://www.yournetplus.com