This issue started showing up back around one of the 8.0x updates.

It used to be that when a message was viewed via the web (while I was out and about) and then downloaded into Eudora (when I got back to the office) the message would NOT appear as new, but rather as one that had previously been viewed.

Nothing changed in Eudora at the time that previously viewed messages starting showing up as unread. The only thing obviously different when it did change was that the mail server had been updated. Not sure which update it was. Anyone know if this can be "fixed"?