At 07:56 AM 3/23/2005, you wrote:
A message from one of my users was rejected. The 550 reply included a link. The page gives this as the explanation:

1. Are you sure (by examining the headers) that the message in question actually came from your user? Wonder if the actual message was from a compromised system that had both your users email address and the recipients address in their Outlook address book.

2. Who's IP address are they indicating the message came from? Your server? Your user? Some other network?

Possible bogus mail. The IP address of the server that connected directly to our mail server had a reverse DNS lookup that resolved to a dialup or DSL network. Legitimate mail servers have their own reverse DNS lookups. If you are running a legitimate mail server that has this problem, your ISP should be able to make a DNS change for you. You may want to contact your mail administrator about getting this problem resolved.

Do I need to ask bellsouth to change the ptr to my server's name? There is an entry already.

adamc