Why not install a second postfix box (doesn't cost much), to mitigate
the hardware failure risk, and list it as your secondary MX. That way,
you wouldn't have to list Imail as an MX and you wouldn't have to
change anything with Imail, due to a hardware failure, either - it
would just continue to work and the users wouldn't notice.

However, isn't the more serious hardware failure risk, the Imail box?

Friday, April 1, 2005, 8:27:36 PM, Christopher Checca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
CC> What I'm hoping for is that my imail can be listed as second MX and only
CC> accept SMTP AUTH connections ... if my IMGate goes down (hardware failure
CC> would be the only reason to do this) then I could disable the SMTP AUTH on
CC> the IMail server and keep getting our email.   The other PLUS would be my
CC> remote users that are roaming ... they could always access the server to
CC> relay their mail.   If they are also adding port 587 I would be even
CC> happier.

CC> Christopher Checca
CC> Packard Transport, Inc.
CC> IT Department
CC> 24021 South Municipal Dr
CC> PO Box 380
CC> Channahon, IL.  60410
CC> 815 467 9260
CC> 815 467 6939 Fax
CC> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC> www.packardtransport.com

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----