If you are using in-house DNS you can set up your email server address and DNS forwarding for internet traffic.

In other words

DNS server has A record domain.com

An MX record of mail.domain.com à 10.x.x.x (or what ever your internal email server ip is)

Properties of your DNS server will allow you to forward all traffic that is not on the local LAN out to the router and through the fire wall.

We are set up with a router firewall router because of our WAN traffic (all point to point frames) Everything has worked fine after the patch, no reported issues, and we did a lot of testing after the patch.

You may want to just do a complete reinstall.  Back up your mailboxes and uninstall Imail and reinstall it.  Don’t for get about your registry either.