At 09:15 AM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
we just use spamcop and spamhaus and delete after one match. no sense in checking all of those for every message. If you're listed on those two then you're a spammer in our book.

I agree that you do not need to check mail against that many databases. However, I think deleting after one match is a bit harsh. We delete after two matches on our connection tests and have been pretty happy with the results.

Also note this warning from Spamhaus since you are using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, cbl.abuseat.org and opm.blitzed.org

http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/index.lasso

"...Mail servers already using cbl.abuseat.org and opm.blitzed.org should NOT also use xbl.spamhaus.org or you will be making 'double' queries to basically the same data source..."

Here are our rules and the BL that we use

http://www.summitinternetservices.com/tests.htm

Mike Biddle wrote:

Does anyone else here have any major problems with deleting messages after 2 matches with Verify Mail From checked, and using these lists:

SpamCop  *  bl.spamcop.net
spamhaus  *  sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
DSBL  *  list.dsbl.org
sorbs  *  dnsbl.sorbs.net