Hi,

I recently packaged and pushed an update for fedmsg-meta-fedora-infrastructure
to bodhi and exactly 40 secs[1] later I got a +1 to the update. I am sure that
testing a package surely takes more than 40 secs. This makes me really curious
that are the packages really being tested before giving out the karma.

After going through messages in datagrepper[2][3], I found that few people are
giving out karma in one go (4-5 packages under a minute). If these packages
really are not-tested and the karma are given out randomly then I am sure that
this sure going to affect the release, infrastructure and our users.

Does anybody know what is going on?

This email is originally posted fedora-devel and fedora-test mailing list. The
people I found were mostly from India so I am cross-posting it here.

[1] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-f2331b2c8b
[2] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/raw?user=buvaneshkumar
[3] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/raw?user=prakashmishra1598

--
Sayan Chowdhury <https://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org/>
Senior Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering - Emerging Platform

Proud to work at The Open Organization!