On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:09:58 -0300
Rafael Gomes <rafaelgo...@techfree.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> As my first collaboration, following my suggested solution to this
> problem:
>
> According to that manual of check_http plugin[1], we can use that full
> command to monitoring ssl cert:
>
> check_http -H fedoraproject.org -C 20
>
> When the certificate of 'fedoraproject' is valid for more than 20
> days, a STATE_OK is returned. When the certificate is still valid, but
> for less than 20 days, a STATE_WARNING is returned. A STATE_CRITICAL
> will be returned when the certificate is expired.
>
> What you think about this?

Yeah, this was the solution used in the end.

We have a check_ssl_cert check setup and working using check_http. ;)

See the last comment there, basically the thing left to do in that
ticket is decide if we want to also monitor the pkgs and koji self
signed certs. They don't expire for 7 or 9 years, so not sure if we
want to or not.

kevin