On 01/12/2014 10:41 PM, Elizabeta S⌀resen wrote:
> Hello infra! My name is Elizabeta and I'd like to contribute!
> I'm now a student at RMIT in Melbourne, however for the past 5 years
> I've been a sysadmin working in managed hosting and vfx. I'm a python
> developer, config management (puppet, ansible) and fairly confident dba.
> I'd like to learn more about fedora (Primarily supported debian) and
> eventually get into kernel dev.

Hi,

For the sysadmin/infra side, you've found the right place, but we don't
deal with kernel devel.

Feel free to hang out in #fedora-admin and #fedora-noc on Freenode.
There's also #fedora-apps for app development efforts, if that side of
things interests you at all. Most of our work is done in Python. See
https://github.com/fedora-infra/.

We also have meetings in #fedora-meeting on Thursdays at 19:00 UTC. Feel
free to introduce yourself there and then we can add you to the
fi-apprentice FAS group which will let you look around at various pieces
of the infrastructure and see how things work.

There's also https://fedoraproject.org/easyfix/ which lists some bugs
that might be good starting points for new contributors.

Ricky