> I'm confused about something.  Can any postfix experts help debug?
>
> On Friday I put a new package-owner-alias cronjob in place on bastion
> (that Matt Prahl wrote).  It generates the package owner list from
> pagure over dist-git instead of generating it from pkgdb.
>

> https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/commit/?id=eb24...
>
> Kevin saw that the hourly cronjob is spitting out some errors from the
> postfix command.
>
> However, when I inspect the file, I don't find any duplicates:
>
>     $ cat /etc/postfix/package-owner | awk ' { print $1 } ' | uniq -d
>
> Anybody know what's wrong with that file/output?

The problem is not in the file/output. It's in the running of the script.
If Pagure on Dist-Git takes too long to reply, or is down, haproxy returns an
HTML page with "this app is offline".

That is what's causing the failure:
simplejson.scanner.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)
error creating owner-alias file

Given that the script asks Pagure to page through a lot of projects everytime,
the chance of any one of those requests failing gets quite high.
Thus, basically every run crashes some part through the run because a Pagure
result took too long or was aborted by haproxy.