Hey all,

So as you all know, Pagure 5.0 was released[1]. With 5.0, I've taken
over primary maintenance of the package outside of epel7-infra, which
means that Fedora and EPEL7 packages are generally maintained by me
(with packaging changes generally synced from upstream), since
Pierre-Yves doesn't have time to maintain it. We've already received
the approval to re-sync pagure's EPEL7 package with Fedora to update
to 5.0[2].

However, this presents a bit of a problem. Pierre-Yves updates the
pagure package for epel7-infra before making the general release that
I can consume and push to Fedora and EPEL7. This wouldn't be an issue,
except that the DistTag for epel7-infra is the same as epel7 (.el7).
This means I'm locked out of that NEVR for EPEL7 updates, due to the
nature of Koji considering NEVR of builds globally unique. This is
frustrating because it means that I can't maintain the common spec
file for both Fedora and EPEL7 (which is in turn primarily maintained
upstream in the pagure git repo).

Of course, I can just bump the Release to be above the epel7-infra
build, but that means I'm playing NEVR games, and I don't want to do
that. And if there needs to be distinct changes for epel7-infra, this
is going to be an unpleasant fight.

I'd like to propose that we change epel7-infra so that the DistTag
defined in %dist is ".el7.infra" instead of ".el7". This will prevent
the conflict and have the advantage that the infra tag is higher by
default.

For this current update round, I'm going to be putting a higher
Release value because I need to anyway, as there's a bug in the way
pagure is done that breaks packaging in Fedora and openSUSE[3]. But in
the future, I'd like to have the freedom to use the correct NEVR
everywhere.

What do you all think?

[1]:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/ER3ZEST24R7ZC4UV3PJVWBAHQJDE3CLN/