> > > Could you wait til Tuesday/Wednesday for EPEL, we are in the middle of
> > > putting the python36 there and various packages build funny until we
> > > are done.
> >
> > Please wait for Tues/Wed for everything to allow rel-eng and infra to
> > replay. It should also go to rawhide first.
> >
> > Not everyone works on the weekend, and Monday is often catching up
> > from issue from the weekend for people.
> >

> I'm not pushing to stable automatically, but they are proposed for
> syncing out to updates-testing:

I think pushing it at all with such little notice and on a weekend is
disingenuous, it wasn't even 24 hrs between when you sent the above
email and merging your own PR with out a single comment on the PR from
either the koji maintainers (of which you're not one, and I believe
one of them requested on IRC that you don't) or the rel-eng team. Even
on a week day, due to timezones and people having things like getting
the Beta done, I would expect you to wait a good 48 hours after
posting to the list, and if done on a weekend 48 hours of working time
to ensure review and response before just pushing it anyway.

What's more you should at LEAST just push it to rawhide first and let
it bake there for some time before then shoving it out to every
release!

> * Fedora 30: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-6b2e124a4a
> * Fedora 29: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-940d3922ce
> * Fedora 28: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-c4107ac9d3
> * Fedora EPEL 7:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2019-798356a949
> * Fedora EPEL 6:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2019-210b4d1b32
>
> This should give people the opportunity to test the new version and
> get it pushed once it's validated.

But it doesn't give rel-eng and the infrastructure teams to review
your changes, and we're also in freeze which means if there's
something in existing stable builds that needs to be fixed for that
it's quite likely that they may have to revert it all, bump an epoch
to get things working again rather than having the re-validate and
entire stack.

PLEASE do not do this sort of stuff, it's not helpful or kind to the
teams that have to deal with the infra and releases. There's no rush
to get it out, it should go through the process of the maintainers
reviewing your changes, it being tested in rawhide and then eventually
making it to a stable release. Why did you do this? People have asked
you explicitly not to do this stuff in the past yet you keep ignoring
it.

Peter