On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 19:11, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 04:20:22PM +0200, Clement Verna wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been playing a little bit around with the koji-ansible collection
> > and created a Proof of Concept playbook that creates the main tags for a
> > release in koji (staging).
> >
> > I have installed the collection on batcave01 running the following
> >
> > ```
> > ansible-galaxy collection install
> > ktdreyer.koji_ansible:0.0.0-git.274+c448a960
> > ```
>
> huh. Where did that install to?
>
> I would have hoped /usr/share/ansible/collections/ but it seems no?

The default is under /root/.ansible/collections/ansible_collections/ but
that can be configured in the ansible.cfg.

> > And the playbook is available under
> > playbooks/manual/releng/koji-release-tags.yml [0]. For now there is still
> > very much a lot of things hard coded, but that should give us a good idea
> > of what we can do with that collection.
>
> Cool! Yeah, we should be able to use the release variables I setup a
> while back, ie, f{{ FedoraRawhideNumber }} and such.
>
> It would be awesome to have all these in there and just change the
> variable and branching and run it and done.
>
> > Members of the sysadmin-main group can try the playbook by running
> >
> > ```
> > ansible-playbook
> > /srv/web/infra/ansible/playbooks/manual/releng/koji-release-tags.yml
> --check
> > ```
> >
> > For now it is executed on `composer.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org` and it
> is
> > using this host keytab to authenticate with koji.
> >
> > I ll keep working on this and see if I can turn it in a role that could
> be
> > used to create all the tags for each release, in the mean time if you
> have
> > ideas or feedback please share them with me :-).
>
> There are so many tags and such, not sure how to organize it so they
> look clear, but I guess we can look at that down the road...

Yeah that's why I think a role or more might help here, also I am not sure
if things like the groups associated to tags are managed somewhere else, or
should they be described in the playbook/role too.