On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 at 17:49, Laura Flores <lflo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> First, I want to clarify that this is only seen on Centos Stream 8. RHEL
> 8.6 is another issue we are dealing with, but it is unrelated to
> powertools. My mistake for writing it is affected.
>
> As for the yum.repos.d file, we use the same mirrorlist cache for all of
> our centos 8 testhosts. We are attempting to remove that here:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-cm-ansible/pull/731

OK I think there is a historical issue which is causing this problem.

The CEPH, Gluster and some other projects in the community cage were having
speed problems getting updates for Fedora and CentOS. I told them until it
was fixed, they should use the download-cc-rdu01.fedoraproject.org server
which was local to them. That was several years ago and I forgot about it
until now. The server died and so all those projects are probably going to
have broken updates.

I think that they are using only one mirror but yum and dnf will give a
message that all mirrors were tried which makes it sound like there were
multiple tried.

At this point, I would recommend looking for any links in the
/etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo for `baseurl=
https://download-cc-rdu01.fedoraproject.org/` and comment out those lines
and re-add the metalink line to go to the centos mirror server.

Thanks for your response,
> Laura
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 4:22 PM Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 08:58:37PM -0000, Laura Flores wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Around two weeks ago, I started seeing this error after running “sudo
>> yum install -y kernel”. It seems to be an issue with the CentOS-PowerTools
>> repo. Is this a known issue, or does anyone have any suggestions?
>> >
>> > This is happening on Centos Stream 8 and RHEL 8.6. Multiple mirrors are
>> tried with no success.
>>
>> Other mirrors should be working.
>> Which ones does it say it's trying?
>>
>> > ```
>> > Curl error (7): Couldn't connect to server for
>> https://download-cc-rdu01.fedoraproject.org/pub/centos/8-stream/PowerTools/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml
>> [Failed to connect to download-cc-rdu01.fedoraproject.org port 443:
>> Connection timed out]
>> > 2023-04-20T13:06:39.243
>> > ```
>> >
>> > Let me know if any additional information is needed.
>>
>> Yes, the hardware this mirror was on is 100% dead.
>> We are working on getting a replacement, but it's going to be a while.
>>
>> I disabled it in mirrormanager, so it should not be showing up in any
>> mirror lists.
>>
>> Whats your /etc/yum.repos.d/ repo file for this repository?
>>
>> kevin
>> Do not reply to spam, report it:
>> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue
>>
> --
>
> Laura Flores
>
> She/Her/Hers
>
> Software Engineer, Ceph Storage <https://ceph.io>
>
> Chicago, IL
>
> lflo...@ibm.com | lflo...@redhat.com <lflo...@redhat.com>
> M: +17087388804

> Do not reply to spam, report it:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.