Le 24/10/2016 à 07:23, Stanislav Malyshev a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> We have had a bunch of bugs recently which are essentially one and the
> same issue: PHP 5.6 allows only int-sized strings, but many functions
> don't check the size of the string they produce. This can lead to int
> overflows inside php and also can break other libraries that also assume
> string sizes are ints and this can cause all kinds of weirdness.
> However, these bugs are very unlikely to manifest in production setting
> for one simple reason - they require PHP to run with no memory limit,
> and I haven't seen many setups that run with no memory limit. I'm not
> going to go into specifics here, since some of the issues are still not
> fixed, but you can talk to me privately if you need examples or browse
> changelogs of later 5.6 releases.
>
> A twin brother of this is in 7.0 where there are just integer overflows
> in string size calculations. Usually that requires huge strings as
> inputs, so also requires running with no memory limit.
>
> These bugs are now treated as security issues,

My main concern is not to know if we treat this bugs as security or not.

It is mainly about "classification", and I think "low" risk bugs should
be fixed using the normal bug process (going in a RC versions) rather
than a specific process (fixed only at GA time), which should be
reserved for higher risk bugs.

Remi