On 2007-05-12, Alexander Shishkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How can you tell if malloc(0) in target's C library returns zero or
> behaves like glibc's, for example? What with 1500 of such little
> conditional settings? Defining all those in a makefile is what I
> prefer to call being fucked up.

Every program containing the same slow-to-run, unmaintainable and
broken M4 mess to check for those 1500 such little conditions, is
what I call fucked up. Autoconf is an ad hoc solution typical of
the FOSS herd and its cherished "worse is better" fallacy, that
is itself worse a problem than the original [1].

> Does ion3 cross-compile at all, btw? Does luac produce 100%
> architecture-independent bytecode?

Luac produces architecture dependent code.

>> Debian is a complex fucked up mess.
> I'm not a poet, but it still sucks less.

Sucking less is not good enough, when the base level is so low.

> Oh right, now with xinerama being supported in ion for so many years,
> you figured out that problem. However, being a mere luser in the
> context of window management,

I god fed up with the lusers complaining of the problems whilst
waving their enlarged penises.

> I don't care since I've never hit any problem with that and now with
> xinerama support removed my feelings are hurt.

In case you haven't noticed, someone wrote a module that will

        VOID SUPPORT

if installed.

> Want to talk about penises?
> And yes, here in Russia we're totally buried in consumerism. My BMW
> X5, for instance, has a platinum steering wheel.

Yes, and my bicycle has diamond frame. (Seriously, it has.)

  [1]: http://iki.fi/tuomov/b/archives/2006/07/04/T21_20_46/

--
Tuomo