All,

I'm using iTextsharp and noticed a color shift in an image after a page
import using PdfWriter. The reason for the change in color is that the
Transparency Group dictionary in the imported page object is not being
preserved when the page is being imported into an XObject Form. I'm assuming
the Java version works the same way.

So my question is, shouldn't the Transparency Group be preserved in the
resulting XObject Form when a page is imported?

Without it, the imported page will display differently in Acrobat and the
visual differences can be very noticeable. There are some excellent
discussions on the mailing lists on the subject of Transparency Groups, but
I did not see this problem being specifically discussed.

It seems to me that one should not have to manually insert a Group
dictionary following a page import as the GetImportedPage() method should be
responsible for making sure the imported page is kept intact. The PdfCopy
works fine (and PdfStamper presumably as well), but in that case the
imported page object is preserved as-is as opposed to being converted into
an XObject Form.

Thanks - Gylfi