From what I understand, you have a (spring boot) pom.xml which declares
<properties> element with certain values. When running via Maven ("mvn clean
install" for example) you can have those values overridden by specifying JVM
system properties, that match the property names, to the mvn command.

You now want to use Ivy and add a dependency on that sprint boot artifact and
want to pass system properties to Ivy so that when it parses the pom.xml, it
too overrides the properties with whatever value you passed as JVM system
properties to Ivy? If that’s what you are after, then looking at the Ivy code,
it currently doesn’t do this substitution of pom properties with the system
properties you pass to Ivy. Someone more familiar with the code might confirm
or correct me, I just did a brief check of the code. If in fact, it’s not
currently supported, then maybe we could add it as an enhancement. I don’t see
any obvious issues in adding that support.

-Jaikiran