Hello everyone,

I have built a candidate release for Ivy 2.5.0.

It's been a long time since we have done a release of Ivy. 2.4.0 was
released on December 26, 2014 after which it took a while to release the
next version. We revived the project a few years later and many bug
fixes and some enhancements were done. Thanks to Nicolas, 2.5.0-rc1 was
released on Apr 19, 2018. We intentionally called it 2.5.0-rc1 because
of the long delay we had between these releases and also the amount of
changes that went it. We wanted to quickly release 2.5.0 after that, but
various different reasons (some of them being newly reported bugs), it
got delayed. However, its now time to officially release 2.5.0. This is
my first release of Ivy project, so please do check out the release
artifacts and vote accordingly and if you find anything amiss, please
report. The complete set of changes that are part of this release (since
2.4.0) is listed here
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-site-docs/release-notes.html.

The git tag for this release is:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0_Vote_RC1
with SHA for this tag being 48234fc5ede85a865eb874a96c08472ce1751fd1

The artifacts has been published to:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0/ at SVN
revision 36396

The staging Maven repository is available at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1043/org/apache/ivy/ivy/2.5.0/

The Eclipse updatesite is available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.final_20191020104435/

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours and will not close before
23rd October 2019 12:00 UTC.

- Jaikiran, Ivy 2.5.0 release manager, on behalf of Ivy team