The syntax is conf="local->remote".

So if you have a configuration "normal" that requires the "runtime"
configuration of spring, then you would say:

  <dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring" rev="2.5.1"
conf="normal->runtime"/>

If necessary, you can specify more than one configuration name (on either
side of the "->") if you separate them by commas.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs