As marvin mentioned, there are some UTF-8 incompatabilities between java
lucene and Plucene.

Incidently: your best bet for getting assistence with Plucene is the
Plucene mailing lists, as identified at the bottom of "perldoc Plucene" ...

...perl discusions don't tend to come up much on [EMAIL PROTECTED]