17 apr 2006 kl. 08.16 skrev karl wettin:

The code contains lots of things that can be optimized for both memory and CPU. Pretty sure it can be cranked down to use a fraction of the ticks spent by a RAMDirectory. I aim at 1/3.

I'm not sure if you people are as amazed as me by this, so I'll just keep posting reports until someone tells me not to. :-)

After adding a couple of binary searches in well needed places (and a couple of new bugs that in a few cases affects the results) I'm now down at 1/8th of the time compared to RAMDirectory. That is really fast if you ask me.

The 5MB FSDirectory representation occupies about 70MB memory, but there are still a few things I can do about that.