well, the simplest reason could be that there are different teams and the one
that is responsible for the frontend stuff is only able to write c# apps, or
the backend functinality should be integrated in an existing c# app or or or -
java IS a delightful language/platform, but the reasons will be manifold to use
other languages/platforms and they all have there pros and cons

nevertheless imho decoupling functionality via webservices IS a good
architectural style as it's the foundation of SOA and you are for example free
to exchange the backend without any problems and you can even implementent the
frontend in cobol if you want ;-)

just my 2ct
Lars

bilal malik <bam_u...@yahoo.com> hat am 25. August 2009 um 07:12 geschrieben: