Hi, Bradley

Thank you very much. I solved my problem by using the appoach you gave me.

Garry

From: Bradley Vender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JAVA3D] I can't run demo under Java 3D 1.3
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:29:29 -0600

Re: I can't run demo under Java 3D 1.3

Garry Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:30:33 -0700

Hi,
I have same problem when I try to run the demo program HelloUniverse.
The problem is SimpleUniverse.getPerferedConfiguration() return null, and
I do use a G400 graphic card. Could tell me what is reason?

Thanks

I have a G400 card at work, and ran into a similar problem with how the
Xj3D
code was generating its Canvas3D.  I believe the problem is that the G400
is
only reporting that it can support a 12 bit Z-buffer under the conditions
that
Java3D is requesting.

Try enabling the 32 bit Z-buffer option in the Windows driver options.

--Brad Vender

of the message "signoff JAVA3D-INTEREST".  For general help, send email to