On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:29:12 GMT, Jim Laskey <jlas...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Address changes from JEP 445 to JEP 463.
>>
>> - Move from a SYNTHETIC unnamed class to a MANDATED implicit class.
>>
>> - Don't mark class on read.
>>
>> - Remove reflection and annotation processing related to unnamed classes.
>>
>> - Simplify main method search.
>
> Jim Laskey has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
> or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in
> by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 14 additional commits since
> the last revision:
>
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8315458
>  - Rename unnamed class tests and examples
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8315458
>  - Don't get args unless necessary
>  - Remove unnamed classes from examples.not-yet.txt
>  - Requested corrections
>  - Changes recommended by Jan
>  - Revised implicit class test
>  - Don't store main method info globally. Use addition calls to fetch info.
>  - Update JEP number in PreviewFeature
>  - ... and 4 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/f006108e...7effbcff

Launcher changes look okay. There are a few more upcalls to methods on the
launcher helper now so I assume you'll run the startup benchmarks to make sure
it doesn't have any impact.

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/LauncherHelper.java line 899:

> 897:     /*
> 898:      * Return type so that launcher invokes the correct main
> 899:      */

If you are doing anymore edits then I think this method description could be
improved to say that it returns the main method type.

Marked as reviewed by alanb (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16461#pullrequestreview-1718039775
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16461#discussion_r1385134339