I would make the SELECT field specific, ie SELECT WITH ACCOUNT = "5001" AND
WITH DATE GT @18628 AND DATE LT  23012

ACCOUNT_NUMBER and DATE are likely to be indexed.

It's like having a porsche in the garage but insisting on using your
daughter's bicycle to do the speed trial if you insist on using a SELECT on
a random ID being between x and y, when you actually have indexed fields
you can select on.

Dennis Bartlett

If you consider that 3000 plus banks used JBase before it moved on, I'd say
the case for JBase indexing is solid.