I took a first pass at a jde-maven.el (based on jde-ant.el of course). It still needs a bunch of work, as it currently will only execute as a script (java based execution and a maven server should be pretty straight forward, just haven't gotten there yet). The hard one is completion of maven goals. In addition to plopping jde-maven.el in place, I needed to modify my jde.el and jde-autoload.el files as follows.

jde.el: replace the jde-build-function with

(defcustom jde-build-function '(jde-make)
 "*Function that will be invoked by the `jde-build' command.  The
`jde-make' function uses a make program to rebuild the project. The
`jde-ant-build' function uses the Apache Ant program to build the
project. The `jde-maven-build' function uses the Apache Maven program
to build the project. You may also specify a custom function to
use. The custom function must be an interactive function that can be
called by `call-interactively'."
 :group 'jde-project
 :type '(list
          (radio-button-choice
           :format "%t \n%v"
           :tag "Function: "
           :entry-format " %b %v"
           (const jde-make)
           (const jde-ant-build)
           (const jde-maven-build)
           (function my-custom-build-function))))

jde-autoload.el: add the autoload for jde-maven

;;;### (autoloads (jde-maven-build)
;;;;;;  "jde-maven" "jde-maven.el" (15869 31622))
;;; Generated autoloads from jde-maven.el

(autoload (quote jde-maven-build) "jde-maven" "\
Build the current project using Maven. If interactive, we try to prompt the
user for certain variables.." t nil)

;;;***

Hope others find it useful (Hopefully it is in a condition that it can be easily included in a future release, Paul). If you haven't checked out Maven yet, it is kind of cool but still a work in progress, i.e. the documentation is not robust. But the user list is active and you get fast responses.

                        -- Josh
--
Joshua Spiewak
Ivy Ventures, LLC