From: Juan Pablo Hernandez Vogt [mailto:j...@open-engineering.com]
Sent: 11 June 2014 13:43
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: svn update work on running client from JNLP but not as Windows service

Hello,

I tried to find an answer in the list but I did not find what is wrong.
Probably is a stupid thing...

The job only execute a command svn update in my Windows 8.1 machine:

a) If I start the client from JNLP file, the job is executed.

b) If I install it as service, it holds waiting... waiting for password maybe?

D:\AAA\nt>svn update

Updating '.':

then after 5 minutes I decide to abort the job:

Build was aborted

Aborted by anonymous<http://jenkins.oe.com/user/anonymous>

Finished: ABORTED

Stopping the service, executing a mandatory svn cleanup from an independent
cmd, and launching again from JNLP, works like a charm.

Why the svn update command does not work from service? Where to read to
understand how Jenkins works on this mode?

Notes:
1) My user is defined in a domain server, not in my local machine. For that I
configured the service to use my specific user@domain and password.
2) I'm using Pagent.exe, all svn commands (checkout, update, commit, status..)
from my cmd.exe work well.
3) The command svn status works perfect from JNLP and from Service.
4) Seems that the connection with Pagent.exe is broken. Printing some
environment variables inside the job I find the expected values:

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData

APPDATA=C:\Users\jpvogt\AppData\Roaming

BASE=D:\Jenkins

SERVICE_ID=jenkinsslave-D__Jenkins

SVN_SSH=C:/putty/plink.exe

Thanks for your time reading this issue.

Best regards,
JP