Can’t you just edit the job configuration and delete the “Archive Artifacts”
post-build step?

From: John D. Ament [mailto:john.d.am...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 October 2014 01:50
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Disabling archiving artifacts

Hi,

I have a job, in which I use Artifactory for storing artifacts.  I don't
particularly care about archiving artifacts and would prefer to turn it off as
it serves no purpose for me.

I tried setting the following configuration when archiving:

Files to archive: (blank)
Excludes: **
(check) Do not fail build if archiving returns nothing
(check) Use default excludes

However this causes this output:

20:44:09 ERROR: No artifacts are configured for archiving.

20:44:09 You probably forgot to set the file pattern, so please go back to the
configuration and specify it.

20:44:09 If you really did mean to archive all the files in the workspace,
please specify "**"

20:44:09 Build step 'Archive the artifacts' changed build result to FAILURE

I'm on Jenkins 1.579.  I'm not sure why it would be complaining about this, as
I'd rather have it off.

John