From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Hummer
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 11:06 AM
To: Jenkins Users
Subject: Jenkins on Windows Server w/ short-workspace-path-plugin (path too
long error)

Hi,

We currently are running Jenkins on a Windows Server box and a couple of our
projects are getting the "Path too long" error.  I realize this is a limitation
of Windows but from looking around there are a couple options to get around
this in Jenkins.

The one we are trying is the
short-workspace-path-plugin<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Short+Workspace+Path+Plugin>.
  By default the system property for BUILD_PATH_LENGTH in this plugin is set to
512.  I was able to modify this property via the Jenkins.xml file and have
verified that the value is being set.  We set the value below the Windows
maximum path length however we are still receiving an error.

The error in our build we are seeing:

Error: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified
file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less
than 248 characters.

The system property value we are setting it is:

-Dorg.jenkinsci.plugins.shortwspath.BUILD_PATH_LENGTH=248

And as seen in the "System Information" section:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lbG8WTJcUEo/VquM2HCMmFI/AAAAAAAAMfY/rze4X80ptw4/s1600/Screenshot_012916_110220_AM.jpg>[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lbG8WTJcUEo/VquM2HCMmFI/AAAAAAAAMfY/rze4X80ptw4/s1600/Screenshot_012916_110220_AM.jpg]<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lbG8WTJcUEo/VquM2HCMmFI/AAAAAAAAMfY/rze4X80ptw4/s1600/Screenshot_012916_110220_AM.jpg>

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Patrick
jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/6cbee678-9f67-49d1-9523-d270e0bf0555%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/6cbee678-9f67-49d1-9523-d270e0bf0555%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.