Solved!

Since commit c2ea74e2a58cddff9219a03ffe261c1f95ea4be5
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/claim-plugin/commit/c2ea74e2a58cddff9219a03ffe261c1f95ea4be5>

the claim plugin has included all the Build Failure Analyzer failure causes
in the generated JavaScript, like this:

var json = '{"First cause title":"First failure cause description",
             "Second title":"Second description",
             }';

It is failing to escape any single quotes in the failure cause text, which
tripped up the browsers' JavaScript parsing. See James Telfer's comment on
issue JENKINS-28722 <https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-28722>

There is a simple work-around: Remove any single quotes from all failure
cause titles and descriptions.