Hi,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:36 AM Josh Spiegel <joshlak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the cleanest way for a servlet (e.g. in a war file under webapps) to
> communicate state with a custom ConnectionFactory running in the same server?

A custom ConnectionFactory typically creates Connections that parse
bytes that have been read from the network.
If that's the case, then your servlet should open a socket and write
the custom protocol bytes so that they can be read and parsed by the
custom Connection - basically you have to write a client for your
custom protocol.

> Is there is some way to set Server attributes from the servlet or something
> like that?

You need to detail what you want to do here, and consider the
lifetimes of the objects you want to deal with.
You do not want that a second request to the servlet overwrites the
attribute set by the first request.

> A static variable would probably work for me but I am hoping for something
> that is more decoupled and scoped at the Server level.

I doubt a static will work - would not be overwritten for every request?

Can you detail the problem first, rather than the solution?

--
Simone Bordet
----