Paul,

You are correct that the jetty module system issetup to support only a
single instance of each type of connector.
To have your setup, you will need to at least right an XML file and perhaps
a custom module to make it easy to enable.

You need to copy/paste/edit the files:

${jetty.home}/etc/jetty-ssl.xml
 ${jetty.home}/etc/jetty-https.xml
 ${jetty.home}/etc/jetty-proxy-protocol-ssl.xml

to ${jetty.base} and call them jetty-sslB.xml, jetty-httpsB.xml
& jetty-proxy-protocol-sslB.xml.  Edit them so that they refer to the id
`sslConnectorB`

You then can create a custom module in ${jetty.base}/modules/httpsB.mod
with contents like:

> [description]
> Adds alternate HTTPS  Connector
> [depend]
> ssl
> [xml]

etc/jetty-sslB.xml

etc/jetty-httpsB.xml

etc/jetty-proxy-protocol-sslB.xml

You can replace `B` everywhere with something more descriptive... I tried
`2` but that is confusing with `http2`.  You could also merge these files
into a single XML if you liked.

So, in summary, you need your own XML to create the second SSL connector
with the different configuration.

cheers

Greg Wilkins <gr...@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com