I was just reviewing my log files to see who's been trying to break into my system in the last few days, and I saw this in my jetty.log:

May 13, 2024 10:46:19 PM sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$AcceptLoop executeAcceptLoop WARNING: RMI TCP Accept-0: accept loop for ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,localport=35995] throws java.io.IOException: The server sockets created using the LocalRMIServerSocketFactory only accept connections from clients running on the host where the RMI remote objects have been exported. at sun.management.jmxremote.LocalRMIServerSocketFactory$1.accept(LocalRMIServerSocketFactory.java:114) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$AcceptLoop.executeAcceptLoop(TCPTransport.java:405)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$AcceptLoop.run(TCPTransport.java:377)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Can someone explain to me what the person responsible for this might have been trying to do here, and perhaps how they were trying to do it? I haven't been able to match this up with anything in the request log.

Thanks,
--
John English

www.avg.com