On 19/04/2017 08:37, Peter Levart wrote:

:

Note that Properties class is thread-safe, while HashMap isn't. But I think this should not be a problem here, as during initPhase1(), as far as I know, no threads apart from main thread are started yet (is this true?), so anyone accessing getSavedProperty(ies) will either be the main thread itself or a thread started afterwards, so there is a happens-before relationship.
The ReferenceHandler and Finalizer threads are started early, before initPhase1. However, both should immediately block and in the case of the Finalizer, await the completion of initPhase1 before polling.

-Alan