This could be because your server is not sending the correct mime type of
XML documents. If you are serving a server-side page as XML, you must use
the server-side language features to set the Content-Type header. If you are
just serving .xml pages, make sure the server is sending the correct
text/xml mime type:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Properly_Configuring_Server_MIME_Types#How_to_set_up_your_server_to_send_the_correct_MIME_types

--
Ted