I took a quick look at the blockUI code, and you can fix the problem by
changing the bind function to this:

    // bind/unbind the handler
    bind: function(b, el) {
        var full = el == window;
        // don't bother unbinding if there is nothing to unbind
        if (!b && (full && !this.pageBlock || !full && !el.$blocked))
return;
        if (!full) el.$blocked = b;
        var $e = $(el).find('a,:input');
        $.each(['mousedown','mouseup','keydown','keypress','click'],
function(i,o) {
            $e[b?'bind':'unbind'](o, $.blockUI.impl.handler);
        });
    },

I don't know if this will have any other side effects, so use with care
until Mike can let us know for sure.