I'm not going to enter this argument, but I do suggest that both gzipped and
non-gzipped file sizes be present, because a download link should have the
accurate download size. Otherwise, I agree that with the big gains gzipping
provides (less than 1/3 file size!), the gzipped size should be present to
alert users that a 46kb footprint is not what they have to settle with.

@Glen,

I'm not an expert on Apache and .htaccess, but it might be possible that
your server httpd.conf file is preventing certain .htaccess rules from
working. Just speculation on my part ;-)

--
Ted