I have, and have used the suckerfish method before. The problem is
I've already created the CSS for the menus based upon them living each
in their own div, and would like to engineer them based upon that as
opposed to having to recode the CSS based upon another method.

Basically my HTML looks like this:

<ul>
li>
        <ul class="sub-nav-1">
                        <!-- 4 col nav menu code goes here -->
        </ul>

li>
    <ul class="sub-nav-2">
                        <!-- 4 col nav menu code goes here -->
    </ul>

li>
    <ul class="sub-nav-3">
                        <!-- 4 col nav menu code goes here -->
    </ul>

li>
    <ul class="sub-nav-4">
                        <!-- 4 col nav menu code goes here -->
    </ul>

li>
    <ul class="sub-nav-5">
                        <!-- 4 col nav menu code goes here -->
    </ul>
</ul>

When the user rolls over an item (main-item-#), I want to unhide the
sub-nav-# ul items, and the enclosed child div with it's 4 col menu
layout.

The issue I'm running in to is that using mouseover/mouseout activates
the menu, but when you move your mouse away from the main menu item,
the div disappears. I've tried attaching mouseover/mouseout actions to
the enclosing ul and divs, but those don't seem to register.