Thanks Jeffrey. I solved issue# 1 almost similar way you suggested.
But I am more concern about issue # 2. I am not sure about the flow. I
want something like:

1) Click on Create Page link. I want to allow users to create data
which will be internally displayed in <ul><li> elements and user can
drag&drop and save the sequence.
2) Open dialog, enter data & Save. Here I am using $.ajax(). Bringing
data from Action class in JSON datatype.
3) I will get data in success of $.ajax(). I can manipulate DOM,
insert <ul><li> elements with data and similar way I can create child,
subchild of the nodes.

The problem here is: When I create children dynamically, I want to
make sure if user clicks on "Refresh" button then also data should be
retained on the page. In above case, it is not retaining because I am
not sure how to go ahead with that. Should I capture "Refresh" event,
fire event to the Action class, bring the data and show it on the
page? Or is there any other alternative? How can I make sure that
whatever data I am showing on the page is updated one and latest?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Bhavin