From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Nic Hubbard
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:31 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Creating an ajax status

I have a number of GET and POST ajax calls that do various things my
script.  For each one, I would like to set a status that is a string,
so that I can out put that to the user.  So, it might look like this:

Ajax POST
Posting to page

Ajax GET
Getting content page

Ajax POST
Sending data to page

Basically I want to set the status using something like $
('#status_div').text(); so that the user will see the status text when
each ajax function is run.

Does anyone have ideas on how this could be accomplished?