No options with Ajax cross-domain (for now). If you can change the
service to wrap the XML in a function call or assign it to a variable
you can use $.getScript().

predefine a function or method:

my_function(xml){
//do something with the xml
}

call .getScript():

$.getScript("http://wcf.msts.com/WcfService.svc/GetSponsorSearch?
keyword=tr&eventsessionid=2")

which would return js:

my_function('<your xml here>');

Alternately you can use a variable (ie return var='your xml') and use
the .getScript() callback function.

HTH :)