Hi Mike,

I just found out that exactly this behavior (changing the display from
static to relative) messes up my page too, only in IE: a known issue
with the IE's "z-index stacks" (well described at http://mahzeh.org/?p=19).
Could you consider, if possible, reverting the blocking element's
display attribute back to static after unblocking?

Thanks a ton in advance,
snobo