Public bug reported:

For some months I'm noticing that my hardware clock doesn't get updated
anymore while the software clock successfully updates ("ntpd -q" runs
every hour). This appears on my laptop (kernel version 4.11.10) and my
PC (kernel version 4.8.17). Could it be that the 11 minute mode was
enabled in past kernel versions but not anymore in recent kernel
versions?

  Hardware clock isn't updated anymore