Current is 1:2.5+dfsg-5ubuntu10.16, and while there is a security update
for 1:2.5+dfsg-5ubuntu10.17 incoming we can - as discussed - test from a
ppa.

To stay ahead of the soon to be expected 1:2.5+dfsg-5ubuntu10.17 I'll
call mine 1:2.5+dfsg-5ubuntu10.18~ppa1 (actually skipping 17 for now so
you stay ahead in testing).

@Yasmins - actually your email address to be correctly referred to in
headers/changelog would be nice - so far I go with (IBM) as an address
:-)

The proposed fix is now building in [1] and should be available in ~1h.
@Po-Hsu and Yasmins: please check this ppa build with your tests. If they are
good and my regression tests pass as well we are as prepared as we can be to
fix this when the security update is complete.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/3120

  spapr_hcall from ubuntu_kvm_unit_test failed on ppc64el with Z-hwe
  kernel

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in qemu source package in Xenial:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  kernel: 4.10.0-33.37~16.04.1

  I think this issue was introduced by the old qemu version (similar
  issue was spotted on Xenial before), will need to investigate this
  further.

  qemu-system-ppc64 -machine pseries,accel=kvm -bios powerpc/boot_rom.bin
-display none -serial stdio -kernel powerpc/spapr_hcall.elf -smp 1
  FAIL: hypercall: h_set_sprg0: sprg0 = 0xcafebabedeadbeef
  FAIL: hypercall: h_set_sprg0: sprg0 = 0xaaaaaaaa55555555
  FAIL: hypercall: h_set_sprg0: sprg0 = 0x41a588
  FAIL: hypercall: h_page_init: h_zero_page
  FAIL: hypercall: h_page_init: h_copy_page
  FAIL: hypercall: h_page_init: h_copy_page+h_zero_page
  FAIL: hypercall: h_page_init: h_zero_page unaligned dst
  FAIL: hypercall: h_page_init: h_copy_page unaligned src
  XFAIL: hypercall: h_random: h-call available

  SUMMARY: 9 tests, 8 unexpected failures, 1 expected failures