Ubuntu 14.04/Trusty has reached End of Life (EoL) for standard support
and the nvidia package is not included in the Extended Security
Maintenance plan:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ESM/14.04#A14.04_Infrastructure_ESM_Packages

It looks like you are trying to use this PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
They updated Nvidia-430 for Trusty a few days ago, as you said.
It would probably have been better to contact the admin(s) of the PPA directly:
https://launchpad.net/%7Egraphics-drivers/+contactuser

But since you have already filled in the bug report here, I will
subscribe the admins and see if there is any response/interest to this
report.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-384 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-384 in Ubuntu.

  nvidia-430 amd64 430.64=0ubuntu0~gpu14.04.1 broke xwindows on Ubuntu
  14.04

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-384 package in Ubuntu:

  when I did apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, I saw that
  nvidia-430 package had the version 64 update that was just released a
  few days ago.

  After installing it, my system wouldn't boot to xwindows.
  Failsafe boot to gui wouldn't work either

  The error messages looked similar to this bug report for nvidia drivers:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-390/+bug/1752053

  Here's what my xorg.[0,failsafe].log showed:

  [    43.645] (++) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.failsafe.log", Time: Mon Jul 13
18:41:16 2020
  [    43.645] (++) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.failsafe"
  [    43.645] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
  [    43.645] Parse error on line 7 of section OutputClass in file
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-drm-outputclass.conf
      "OutputClass" is not a valid section name.
  [    43.645] (EE) Problem parsing the config file
  [    43.645] (EE) Error parsing the config file
  [    43.645] (EE)
  Fatal server error:
  [    43.645] (EE) no screens found(EE)

  I have a *directory* named what the file is looking for (at least now after I
downgraded nvidia...)

  here is the contents:

  /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-nvidia-drm-outputclass.conf# cat
nvidia-drm-outputclass.conf
  # This xorg.conf.d configuration snippet configures the X server to
  # automatically load the nvidia X driver when it detects a device driven by
the
  # nvidia-drm.ko kernel module.  Please note that this only works on Linux
kernels
  # version 3.9 or higher with CONFIG_DRM enabled, and only if the nvidia-drm.ko
  # kernel module is loaded before the X server is started.

  Section "OutputClass"
      Identifier     "nvidia"
      MatchDriver    "nvidia-drm"
      Driver         "nvidia"
  EndSection

  basically, in the progress of filing this bug report, I downgraded to
nvidia-418 and my system was about to boot again.

  To me, that says that nvidia-430.64 at least on Ubuntu 14.04 has a
  regression