After a bit of wrestling with the arm64 ampere system, I was able to
reproduce the outlined issues in this bug.

Console log is attached, the system will initially boot into the
5.11.0-27-realtime kernel, however, when a "reboot" command is issued,
the host appears sit idle, and will not warm reset.

On the console of helo-kernel, the system hang with step 3 with:
[ OK ] Finished Reboot.
[ OK ] Reached target Reboot.
(no further update from this point)

There are no other console logs that occur on the host

  Unable to reboot ARM64 node with 5.11.0-27-realtime

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:
Status in linux source package in Hirsute:

  It looks like this issue is affecting some ARM64 bare metal node:
    * helo-kernel 2 failed out of 2 attempts
    * kuzzle 11 failed out of 13 attempts (as far as I can recall 2 deployments
failed early, the system was not deployed at all, so probably we can call it 9
failed)

  The boot test will fail, the system was unable to reboot with the
  5.11.0-27-realtime kernel, here is the steps (integrated with the
  deployment script)

  1. Deploy this node with Hirsute
  2. Install the 5.11.0-27-realtime kernel and set to boot with this kernel by
using the boot-kernel-simple in ckct. Reboot
  3. System can boot with 5.11.0-27-realtime, reboot again to make sure it's OK

  It seem the system will stuck at the last reboot attempt in step 3.