I have now tested whether the issue is still resolved and it luckily is.
So both after installing a version of amdgpu-pro and also after
uninstalling this proprietary driver again, unlocking the system works
again.

Once the stable version of Ubuntu 22.04 is published, I will upgrade and
try again. At this point, I don’t want to try a pre-release version to
avoid having my only personal computer become inoperable.

Also, I have yet to find a way to restore the resolution during the boot
process. Specifically, the default resolution is used during the
cryptsetup decryption stage and before (when only the mainboard
manufacturer logo is shown). The BIOS configuration seems to be in order
and is set to use the primary PCIe slot to which my monitor is
connected. It’s not terrible that this is so, but I’d like to fix it. My
internet searches have been unsuccessful though.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-hwe-5.13 in Ubuntu.

  [amdgpu] Locked Ubuntu is frozen and cannot be unlocked

Status in linux-hwe-5.13 package in Ubuntu:

  After locking Ubuntu and leaving it unattended for a while, the
  operating system cannot be unlocked anymore. No means of user input
  (e.g. typing on the keyboard, moving the mouse) produce the lock
  screen and I have to shut down my computer by pressing down the power
  button. The attached monitor does not receive a signal from the
  computer during these attempts.

  This started to happen several weeks ago and worked without a problem
  before then.

  Due to the nature of this issue, I can neither report any errors
  occurring nor can I observe any other out of the ordinary things from
  happening. Thus, I don’t know which package is causing the issue.
  Also, this issue happens every time I leave the computer unattended
  for a longer time and lock it. However, locking it and triggering an
  input immediately after does produce the lock screen, so the lock
  screen seems to work in principle.

  Release:      20.04