Public bug reported:

SRU Justification:

[Impact]

At the moment, the mlxbf-gige is broken in the ubuntu image because it is out
of date. This change in the gpio-mlxbf2.c driver broke it:
https://code.launchpad.net/~asmaam/ubuntu/+source/linux-bluefield/+git/version-seeds/+merge/417771
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-bluefield/+bug/1965017

We need to pull the corresponding upstreamed mlxbf-gige driver changes
because there is now a dependency on the gpio-mlxbf2.c driver.

[Fix]

* cherry-pick the following change from the master branch:
6c2a6ddca763271fa583e22bce10c2805c1ea9f6
* I also took this chance to pull the following change from upstream since it
was marked as SAUCE:
ee8a9600b5391f434905c46bec7f77d34505083e

[Test Case]

* Check if oob_net0 interface is up
* Test that the oob interface is pingable and can copy files.

[Regression Potential]

Every time I have to port upstreamed changes to the canonical branch, I
have to revert bunch of changes (that are not upstream) and put back the
changes after cherry-picking. Potential regression could be that some of
these changes are not present/functional. we need to test them all.

** Affects: linux-bluefield (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-bluefield in Ubuntu.

  mlxbf-gige: sync up with upstreamed version

Status in linux-bluefield package in Ubuntu: